Interviewing and On-boarding in a Remote WordBack to Training
- This event has passed.
- Date: 10 May 2021
- Time: 9:30 am to 4:00 pm
- Location: online
- Cost: $125
Interviewing and On-boarding Skills for Managers
Date: Monday 10th May, 2021
Time: 9.30am to 4pm
- Preparation of Interviews
- The role of competencies in the Interviewing process
- Assigning Roles: Chair and Other Roles
- Framing Questions
- Probing Questions
- Active Listening Techniques
- Precision Questioning Techniques
- Dealing with misrepresentation and bias – conscious and unconscious
- Calibration, Behavioural Anchors, and Marking Systems
- Eliciting appropriate proofs
- Equality, the Law and Interviewing
- Interview etiquette on Zoom and on-line platforms
- Compiling questions appropriate to the particular role or competition
- On-boarding (Induction Process), and its place in the selection interview: framing appropriate opening and closing statements.
By the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- Be an effective member of an interview panel
- Conduct competency based interviews in a fair and transparent manner in accordance with equality provisions and best practice.
- Prepare opening and closing statements – reflecting key elements of on-boarding process and expectations.
- Prepare question banks to ensure consistency and fairness in the interview process.