People Analytics in Practice – Your Pathway to SuccessBack to Training
- This event has passed.
- Date: Date to be Decided
- Duration: 4 Webinars over 4 Weeks
- Time: Times to be Confirmed
- Location: online
- Cost: €895 – €1250
People Analytics in Practice – Your Pathway to Success via Zoom Webinar
Cost: €895 member; €1250 non member (with Skillnet funding applied)
This programme is brought to you by ICBE Business Excellence Skillnet in collaboration with CIPD Ireland. The primary aim is to help participants bridge the gap between theory and practice in the topical area of People Analytics.
Leveraging the value and potential of employees is an even greater business imperative in these challenging times. People Analytics can play a key role in supporting this work – but it is clear from research that such capability is under-developed in most Irish organisations.
This programme is designed to bridge this gap so that (on completion of this practical, action- orientated, programme) participants will be equipped to successfully implement and/or enhance People Analytics in their organisations. As a result they and their leaders can gain a deeper understanding of their workforce and improve the quality and credibility of HR and people based decision-making.
- The programme will be delivered in four half-day on-line modules sequenced to maximise learning and facilitate the practical application of theory and best practice.
- In addition all participants will have the opportunity to receive two one-on-one tutorial sessions from the programme tutor to support embedding the learning and the development of their in-company action plan.
- Improve your skills and capability to apply and embed People Analytics in your organisation
- Understand and be able to apply through case studies how leading organisations have successfully started the journey to effectively implement an HR Analytics function
- Be able to articulate a compelling vision for People Analytics so as to positively influence key stakeholders to support your proposed action plan
- Develop a plan of action during the programme which is sufficiently detailed to be able to immediately implement in their organisation so as to leverage people analytics in support of your HR function and/or the wider organisation
Who is it for:
A basic understanding of People Analytics is preferable, however the programme is structured to cover the core principles so that you can rapidly move on to the next level of understanding and application. The programme content will enable you to quickly develop practical knowledge, skills and understanding in this area.
Therefore the programme is suitable for:
- HR business partners; HR generalists, specialists in reward/compensation; learning/ development, talent management; workforce planning.
- Managers of medium/ large teams who have had to adapt to remote working and would get value from the practical application of people measures in their organisation
- Financial stakeholders wishing to quantify the potential value of their workforce
- IT specialists or business partners responsible for implementing and/or supporting the technologies underpinning their organisations’ analytics initiatives
Module 1: Provides an engaging and interactive on-line forum to gain a comprehensive overview of People Analytics – linking theory to evolving best practice.
Content covered includes:
- Definition and clarification of the context for People Analytics
- Evidence based/levels of maturity/people data
- Aligning your business strategy with your people strategy
- HR vision/strategic initiatives/metrics & KPI’s
- Creating a framework for People Analytics
- Workforce dimension framework/maturity models
- Framing the question
- what problem are you trying to solve
- the key to requirements gathering
At the end of this module, each participant will need to complete pre-work in preparation for the next module I.e. a review of a Case Study which outlines the journey of one global organisation from foundation to the creation of a global Reporting and Analytics organisation.
Module 2: Merges theory to current practice building on theoretical concepts from Module 1 applied to the case study and linking to current practice. At this stage each participant will be expected to develop in more detail their approach to implementing or enhancing People Analytics so as to address a specific issue/issues in their organisations.
Module 3: Focuses on practical implementation of People Analytics focusing on areas such as:
- Data management- keys to data quality/the foundation for success or the point of failure
- Root cause analysis techniques – know the problem you want to solve
- Dashboards and balanced scorecards – KPI and core HR and People metrics
- Effectiveness v efficiency measurement – dilemma
- Data visualisation- the key to executive engagement
At the end of this module participants will share their current action plan in aligned virtual clusters so as to gain benefit from comparative approaches in order to enrich their thinking and approach.
Module 4: Revisits theoretical concepts focusing on those most relevant to participants (agile learning) so as to align each approach with best practice. Specific topics covered include:
- Stakeholder management
- Analysing ROI
- business case for investments in people and analytics infrastructure
- hard and soft measures
- Decision making tools
- Technology landscape
- managing vendors and service operations
- cloud platforms and implementation challenges
- Operational reporting and strategic analytics
The completion of this module will require each participant to present to the group a concise summary of their proposed action plan so as to share, and through feedback, enhance their implementation capability.
Programme methodology and approach in the on-line world:
Leveraging on-line technology, this programme is highly interactive with short presentations linked to participant engagement and exchange e.g. a mix of short briefings on relevant theory/models, facilitated discussion, group engagement and opportunities to try out and practice your learning.
Pre-work will blend theory to practice and the requirement to identify a set of priority people initiatives that participants’ businesses needs to address. Throughout the four modules you will be linking your learning to your identified business issues so that you can develop a set of clear actions to be implemented on completion. At the end of each module there will be a requirement for some pre-work before the next module – aimed at embedding learning and underpinning your action plan.
To ensure success each participant will have the opportunity for 2 one-on-one tutorials with the programme tutor so as to draw on his expertise/ experience, underpin learning & enhance their plan of action.
Who will run the programme?
Gerard Hussey is a senior Consultant with 30+ years experience in multiple business functions (HR, IT, Logistics) across a range of industries. Gerard has also led a global Reporting & Analytics/Insights organisation applying the key concepts and principles that will run throughout the programme. Based in the West of Ireland (after relocating from London) Gerard set up Xocet Consulting to enable organisations improve their Productivity & People Performance and to ensure the successful execution of Business Transformation.
Xocet has 5 core areas of focus:
- Expertise in the redesign of HR Operating Model & HR Service Delivery Models
- Specialist support in the development & optimisation of People Analytics
- Advisor/mentor to organisations through all stages of a cloud technology implementation
- Coach/Mentor executives to realise their potential leveraging their extensive global senior leader experience
- Educate university students to Masters level in global HR strategy/design and People Analytics