Date:19th -20th Feb 2020
Location: Bausch & Lomb Ireland 424/425, Cork Road Industrial Estate Cork Rd, Waterford
Cost: Member Rate – €1000Non-Member Rate – €1425
This two-day workshop integrates classroom and on-site experiences at a host facility to build upon the knowledge and experience gained in the DISCOVER workshop, and focuses on the Systems and Tools diamonds in the Shingo Model. It begins by explaining that all work in an organization is the outcome of a system. Systems must be designed to create a specific end objective; otherwise, they evolve on their own. Systems drive the behavior of people, and variation in behavior leads to variation in results. Organizational excellence requires well-designed systems to drive ideal behaviors that are required to produce sustainable results. In this workshop, you will:
1. DISCOVER three types of essential systems.
2. EXPLORE five required tools for building an effective system.
3. LEARN how to create and use system maps for each system type
4. UNDERSTAND the responsibilities of a system
5. Go and observe actual systems
6. UNDERSTAND system standard work and how it drives improvement.
7. UNDERSTAND how systems drive cultural transformation
Who should attend?
Prior completion of the Shingo Discover Excellence workshop would be an advantage. If you wish to learn more about the Systems and Tools diamonds in the Shingo Model then this is the right workshop for you.
This is the first Workshop to be held in Europe, facilitated by Dr. Hakeem Hammad, see profile below, under the mentorship of Mr. Shaun Barker, Assistant Executive Director.
Dr. Hakeem Hammad, B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D., SSMBB
Hakeem is an internationally recognized thought leader and expert in developing and implementing Operational Excellence programs with undisputed break-through results.
He is the founder of the Xi Horizons Consulting, based in Limerick Ireland since 2010 (www.xi-horizons.com)
Experience Hakeem is a certified Six-Sigma Master Black Belt (Dell & Motorola) with great experience in training and coaching continuous improvement teams and executives over more than 25 countries. He has more than 20 years of extensive global experience of leading Lean Transformations and Strategic Six Sigma deployment in Manufacturing, IT, Quality, Services, Supply Chains, Engineering, sales. He Implemented a TRUE lean transformation programs with breakthrough productivity and quality results across Ireland, USA, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, China, India, Holland and Switzerland. He also Implement Focused Improvement programs at Nestle in Egypt and Morocco from scratch and now they are reference sites in Nestle
Hakeem led the Business Process Improvement Programs for Dell EMEA and was the first certified MBB for Dell outside USA. He was also the Global Director of Operational Excellence for Boston Scientific CRM Division across Ireland, USA and Puerto Rico.
Business sectors Electronics, Pharmaceuticals, Nutrition Medical devices, Medical Optics, Logistics and Transportation, Food and Beverage Industry.
▪ Certified Six-Sigma Master Black Belt
▪ Certified Kaizen Champion
▪ Certified in Change Management
▪ Ph.D. in Complex Systems Modelling
▪ M.Sc. In Industrial Applied
▪ B.SC. In Mathematics and Statistics
▪ Certified Shingo Facilitator
▪ Shingo Enterprise Excellence ▪ Genuine Lean Transformation
▪ Lean High Performance QC Labs ▪ Productivity Improvements ▪ Six Sigma Training and Mentoring ▪ Kaizen (Rapid Improvement Events) ▪ Standard Work development and
▪ Coaching and development for High Performance Teams
For more information on Skillnet Ireland, please visit www.skillnetireland.ie