Interviewing and On-boarding in a Remote Word – 2nd Date addedBack to Training
- This event has passed.
- Date: 18 May 2021
- Time: 9:30 am to 4:00 pm
- Location: online
Interviewing and On-boarding in a Remote World
Date: Tuesday 18th May, 2021
Time: 9.30am to 4pm
The hiring process has never been more critical for organisations, but poses enormous challenges in the current environment. Organisations need to attract and retain talent and set up new employees to succeed. Research shows that 33 percent of employees would not remain in a new position unless well supported through the company’s onboarding process, and that new employees who went through a structured onboarding programme were 58 percent more likely to still be with the organisation after three years.
This programme will equip hiring managers with the necessary skills to be an effective member of the interview panel and conduct competency based interviews in a fair and transparent manner to grow and develop their organisations talent.
- Preparation of Interviews
- The role of competencies in the Interviewing process
- Assigning Roles: Chair and Other Roles
- Framing Questions
- Probing Questions
- Active Listening Techniques
- Precision Questioning Techniques
- Dealing with misrepresentation and bias – conscious and unconscious
- Calibration, Behavioural Anchors, and Marking Systems
- Eliciting appropriate proofs
- Equality, the Law and Interviewing
- Interview etiquette on Zoom and on-line platforms
- Compiling questions appropriate to the particular role or competition
- On-boarding (Induction Process), and its place in the selection interview: framing appropriate opening and closing statements.
By the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- Be an effective member of an interview panel
- Conduct competency based interviews in a fair and transparent manner in accordance with equality provisions and best practice.
- Prepare opening and closing statements – reflecting key elements of on-boarding process and expectations.
- Prepare question banks to ensure consistency and fairness in the interview process.