Resilience Skills for Managing Stress – 1 Day Programme 28th April 2021Back to Training
- This event has passed.
- Date: 28 Apr 2021
- Time: 9:30 am to 4:00 pm
- Location: Online
Date: 28th April 2021
Time: 10am to 4pm
Cost: €215 pp with Skillnet funding applied
To book your place(s) please email: email@example.com
Resilience is our ability to ‘bounce back’, to bend and deal with stress in a positive way and therefore reduce the impact it can have on our mental health and wellbeing. Stress, depression, and anxiety account for over 50% of sickness absence as well as lost time through a drop in productivity due to concerns or illness. The Covid pandemic has caused a significant increase in stress from the change in our working and lifestyle habits so there’s even more need for support as we continue through and out of this situation.
This programme supports individuals and teams to develop the resilience skills to cope with stress and enable them to become more engaged, positive and productive. It is an interactive session including breakouts and the opportunity to share best practice.
- The definition and transactional theory of resilience and stress.
- Why and how do we get stress
- What does resilience mean
- The physiology of stress.
- How to recognise our stress triggers and why they happen
- Lifestyle factors
- Techniques to manage stress physiology
- Managing emotions
- Understand the role our emotions play in the way we feel and behave
- How to influence and control the impact of our emotions
- Positive Mindset and Optimism
- The difference it can make to feelings of wellbeing
- Different strategies to improve our behaviours and habits
- Coping strategies
- problem management and techniques for using them better
- having a clear sense of purpose and fulfilment
- The importance of supportive relationships
- When and how do we use them
- Investing time in our teams
- Remote working
- How to support your teams and colleagues when not in the office
- Action Plans and Next Steps
- Commitments going forward
Who is the course for?
The course is equally effective from graduates up to director level. We all encounter stress in different ways at different times and the techniques can be tailored to any level.
Janet Grant is a leadership development and resilience coach. A chartered accountant, she uses over 20 years of experience in senior management and finance director roles to support people achieve their potential.
Using her naturally extrovert and open style, Janet enjoys delivering interactive training and workshops to enable individuals and companies learning goals. She is experienced working from director level down to graduate programmes. She also delivers the finance module for the Directors Development Academy at University of Salford Professional Development.
Janet is a member of the Association of Coaching (AOC) and the Institute of Chartered Accountants (ICAEW). She is also an accredited practitioner for the Thrive RQi resilience programme plus trained in the Drake P3 behavioural profiling system. She is currently studying for her ILM Level 7 Executive Coaching & Mentoring Certificate.